Thursday, April 3, 2008

Jump for Joy



Awesome Happening #1: Robert found an affordable apartment in NYC for me, him, and Thomas this summer. Robert is amazing. Good morning, Upper East Siders!

Awesome Happening #2: I think I got the internship with In Motion Productions! It was the only internship I really wanted, but I gave up on it when the filmmaker didn't reply to my application e-mail or follow-up e-mail. I was just about to send out a whirlwind of resumes when I got an e-mail that said something along the lines of, "I'm in Senegal. Let me know if you want to confirm definitely working with me this summer." That sounds like an offer... right? If it is, I'll be working:

1.) in a small indie film production company (like I want to work in for a living)
2.) with a really chill experimental and documentary filmmaker (like I want to be for a living)
3.) where I'll be given hands-on production and post-production assignments and a project of my own to head up (like I'll eventually be DOING for a living)

The best part is (insert drumroll here) that the production company is responsible for making the "Elmo's World" segments on Sesame Street, and I'll be helping to make about six of them over the course of the summer. Rock out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

l look so awkward in the picture .. i ran into everyone in the trip today.. except for you...

katie ty! said...

Yeahhhh, Dan definitely shamed you there. If you work on your ups and drive us down to Jackson, I'll schedule a reshoot.

Whoa, all of Mather ASB went to Eliot?!

:-P