Friday, March 7, 2008

Me Too, Weiqi, Me Too.



It's four in the morning and I'm on my fourth cup of coffee, writing a function for my computer programming class. I had a functional program more than two hours ago, and since then, I've been working to add commands more advanced than the assignment requires to make my program more practical. In high school, I was required to do science and math, and I stayed up late working on art projects for fun. Now, I'm required to do art, and I stay up late doing math and science for fun.

If you'd told me before college that I would give up pre-med to pursue an art major, I would have laughed in your face. And yet, here I am. I spent two years at a school of science and math only to discover that I despise science and math. But you know what? I'm happy with the way my life is turning out... even if I eventually end up a starving artist living in a cardboard box.

I'm sleepy. Maybe crazy. It's probably time to call it a night.

2 comments:

Annie said...

you're taking a cs class? you continue to amaze me...

katie ty! said...

Technically, it's a Quantitative Reasoning class, but now I'm thinking about going for a secondary in CS. QR20 is definitely the coolest way to knock the math requirement out of the way.