Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cycle Tracks Will Abound in Utopia



I don't know what it is about bicycles, but I love photographing them. They're so peaceful, so idyllic. It's hard not to love the way sunlight catches the metal just the right way. When I head out with my camera, no matter what I originally intend to shoot, I always end up with at least five or six pictures of bicycles.

This photograph is one of my favorites. The early morning light was so beautiful that day that you'd never guess from the prints that my fingers nearly froze off taking them. When my photography professor saw the picture, he said, "What piece of manmade technology has caused less damage in the world?" I couldn't agree with that sentiment more.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Ha ha, that's such a photography professor thing to say.